Wednesday, August 22, 2012

NZ Day 5: Mt. John, Mt. Cook, and Wanaka

On the fifth day, we first took a stop at Mount John. It's around 20 minutes car ride from Lake Tekapo to reach the top of the mountain. From there you can see the lake view below and the snowy mountains around them. This is so my first time touching a real snow. What an epic moment for me :p




Snooow! Real snow! *excuse me*

After finish taking pictures, we're heading to Mount Cook. Mount Cook is the highest mountain in NZ and it has eternal snow. So any time of the year when you feel like touching the snow, you can come here to feel the freezing ice and do those mount climbing thing. Yeah, clearly I don't understand what kind of sports you can do here. But one thing for sure, you can take some pre-wedding pictures here! I saw the brochure in the information center :P

On our way to Mt. Cook, at the intersection between Mt. Cook and Twinzel (the next city) we met a fellow backpacker. She (yes, a girl and she was alone) was standing in the intersection waving on our car for a ride to Mt. Cook. At first we were hesitate to give her a ride, but finally we decided to give her a ride. Her name is Xiao Ming and she come from China for a year working holiday in NZ. She's about about to go back for good to China in a few weeks, so this is her last chance to travel around NZ. Waw. That's very brave of her doing this kind of trip alone. 
Hello Stranger!

So here's the view Mt. Cook offers you... I didn't do a lot of editing here, first cause I feel like it will waste a lot of my time editing things that are already beautiful just the way it is. Secon, cause I'm just laaazy. hahahaha






Last but not least: lunch time.. and of course 'poto dulu sblum makan' moment

After we're done admiring the magnificent Mt. Cook, we continue our journey to Lake Wanaka. After three hours drive and facing a very scary sudden weather change on our way, we finally arrived safely in the evening. So you know what I'm about to write on the sixth day post: Lake Wanaka! I'll be writing about it soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment