Wednesday, August 22, 2012

NZ Day 4: Lake Tekapo

On day 4 trip we're finally out of big city- with a little help from our friend: GPS. On way to Lake Tekapo, the view on the left and right started to change: from houses to sheep. At first we were still amazed seeing a crowd of sheep on our left and right. We even made a stop to take some pictures. Later I found out on the road, sheep is easier to find compare to human beings. Maybe those sheep were trained to help us to fix the car in case anything bad happen. hehehe.
Too excited seeing sheep: The First look of Mr.J 

When we reached Lake Tekapo, we checked in at Lake Tekapo Scenic Resort. It has a free wi-fi facility (super important for budget travelers). It reminds me of Puncak and Cipanas resorts haha. I know I shouldn't compared those two things, but somehow when I was there, seing the resorts and shops around its surrounding, I couldn't help but think of Cipanas. Cipanas in New Zealand version hahaha.
A very peaceful resort. Like this!

Lake Tekapo itself is a lake surrounded by mountains and resorts. When we were there, the sky is a bit cloudy, so the pictures taken were not so good. The colour of the mountains didn't show up on the pictures taken. But if you see it with your own eyes, the view is just amazing. Usually people do skydiving in here.
It's such a gloomy weather back then

Besides the beautiful view, you can see a historic church in front of Lake Tekapo. They say this is the world's smallest church :)
Church of The Good Shepherd

Forgive me for my lack of words on my blog post. It's only day 4 but I'm getting to lazy to finish the whole story. I mustn't give up this fast. Twelve more post to go! See you on day 5 post. This time we're gonna visit more places :)

No comments:

Post a Comment