Monday, August 20, 2012

NZ Day 2: Sydney and Auckland Finally!

Finally after seven hours flight from Jakarta, we reached Sydney International Airport. It was around 7 a.m. when we reached there. Three hour faster than Jakarta time. Feels like doing a time travel right? (errr... no).
After we finished doing another baggage screening, we still have three hours waiting time. 

What's inside Sydney Airport? Just like most airports, duty free shops, candy shops, some branded stores, fast food restaurants, cafes, all in Australian dollars. And you know, I know, we both know (but if you don't know yet, now you know cause I'm the one whose telling you) how expensive Australian dollar these days. I only have 3 AUD (my brother gave it to me, he got it from his friend whose studying in Aussie) which can only get you a bottle of mineral water from the vending machine. But hey there's a free drinkable water tap there. Why waste your precious three dollars? :p
So after strolling around two times, meh.. we got nothing to do around the airport. We just sat down and enjoying our free wi-fi. Yes it's free. don't you like anything that has 'free' word on it? Do I being too cheap? hahaha
Things that free at Sydney: taking pictures! I'm so bloated after seven hours flight 

So finally we got inside our connecting flight and once inside I didn't waste any minute to fall asleep immediately. But once the food was served, I couldn't sleep well again. So spent the remaining time from our three hours flight to watch 'Mirror Mirror'. I chose a bad movie to watch (and yet I still watched it til it finished -_-) . Attention everyone, do not watch that movie. Even though it has Julia Roberts in it, it's just a cheesy version of Snow White's story.

 Dessert served: Weis Mango and Cream Bar - to die for!

The flight from Sydney to Auckland was smooth. We had no trouble at the immigration check point. So this is it! Finally we arrived at Auckland! New Zealand let me kiss (i mean eat) your sheep! :D

When we're out from the arrival gate at the airport, we were looking for F's boyfriend. He's the one who picked us up. It turned out that F's bf (named J) was already there waiting for us and he was taking candid picture of us (err... I think he actually wants to take pic of his gf only) walking out form the arrival hall.
Miss F and I arriving at Auckland, pictures taken by Mr. J

Then just like a drama scene, there it is. The couple separated by distance and time zone finally meet up again. If I had to describe that moment, in slow motion the couple was hugging each other with background music by Bad English - When I See You Smile:

When I see you smile 
I can face the world, oh oh,  
you know I can do anything

We all know that song. Love has never tasted this sweet for both of them. hahahaha. Okay I need to stop teasing them on this post right now. I'll only tease them once... on each post. mwahahaha.

Okay back to our trip. I decided to change some money on the airport cause I didn't have any New Zealand dollar. Money changer near my house in Jakarta says they don't sell NZD. I know that the exchange rate in airport is usually very low, but the one thing that I didn't know that... they also charged you with the processing fee. So, I changed my 100SGD, and they charged me with 10NZD. It was such a heartbreaking moment. I felt like the Travelex guy robbed me. hahaha.
So lesson #1: never exchange your money at the airport unless it's a life and death situation.

We took a bus to J's place then after putting down our luggage and stuff, we took a walk to the city. The first thing that caught my attention is: why there are so many Asians here? It turns out that there are a lot of immigrants come to NZ, for study or working. The ratio of Asians (Chinese, Koreans, Japanese, Indians) and the local in the city is almost the same (from what I see). Then when it's time for dinner, we go back and had a dinner in J's place.
J rented an apartment unit with four other people (all of them are Koreans). So when F and I stayed there, his room mates are being kind letting us staying at their room. Thank you so much strangers!

I decided go to bed early cause of my lack of sleep and five hours time difference from Jakarta has making me grouchy. Plus I haven't got used with the weather. It's 11 degrees Celsius that time, but I'm feeling super cold. This is the end of day two post. It ends with a good night sleep :) See you on day 3 post!


No comments:

Post a Comment