Monday, August 20, 2012

NZ Day 1: We're Coming!

It's finally the day for our winter trip! I'm both excited and nervous. It's my first trip out of Asia continent and my first trip ever to touch the 'real' snow. hehehe. We took Qantas airlines departed at 8.45 p.m. from Soekarno Hatta Airport.

There are several airlines options to get to Auckland, but I choose Qantas because we don't have to transit to Singapore like most airlines, it think it's a waste of time to go back and forth the distance. Taking Qantas, the route is Jakarta-Sydney-Auckland. At that time, the other airlines that we also considered to take was JetStar. The price difference is around USD200 for two way trip but I told my self that it's a long journey flight (almost 10 hours not including the transit time), at least I don't want to be 'that' suffered taking budget airlines. I think the price difference is worth it with the service and my comfort during the flight. (ya loh... :p)

The last time I took a non-budget airlines was around ten years ago. I didn't really remember how does it feel to take a full service flight since for the past two years I always took a budget airlines back from Singapore - Jakarta. Man, I told ya, it feels good to be treated with full service of meals and entertainment, I don't think I want to take a budget airlines again after this (hahaha how I wish my money is that unlimited)

This is our dinner and breakfast

I tried to sleep during the flight, but I guess economy seat isn't that comfortable anyway. Perhaps I should upgrade to business class on my next long flight trip (haha again, there's nothing wrong with wishing). Our plane is heading to Sydney for a four hour transit. I'll continue on our second day post. See ya!


FYI: We asked Bayu Buana Tour Kelapa Gading to help us with the visa to NZ. It cost IDR 1,262,500 and took about 5 days of work to be issued (as long as all of your documents are complete)

No comments:

Post a Comment