Monday, March 15, 2010

hot mess

It’s March and it’s time to get creative! Yeah yeah, I know it doesn’t really make sense; we should be creative anytime anywhere, I only said that because I don’t know the right opening paragraph for this post.

Okay, so me and my sister went to Gramedia and she bought a do-it-yourself craft book. This book teaches us on how to make your own hair clip, hair band, necklace, etc by using fabric. When we saw the book, we thought ‘wow that wasn’t so hard, it’s doable for us’.

Buying the book is just the beginning of everything. Then we come to a test, we must do just like the book said. And when we tried to make something, it really doesn’t look like the picture on the book. LOL. So my sister do her own thing and managed to make a hair pin like this…

What about me? Hahaha.
I was trying to make a necklace like this picture:

I thought, wow, that sure is easy, you only need lace, sew it a little and put a ribbon on it. Then I tried to do it on my own, using black lace, and it turned out like a black caterpillar. Yuck. Really ugly.
Then I decided to change color to pink. And yet it still looked like a caterpillar, a pink one.

Or maybe it looks like the necklace that Hawaiian people wear. What’s that called?
Soo I decided to add a twist into the pink caterpillar by adding some pearls. So now I’m proudly presents my first ever necklace creation. Tadaaaaaaaa!

And yes, it does still look weird. I once tried it on while wearing a plain color shirt, and yet, it’s still a mess. A hot mess maybe? Hahahaha. Come on, I’m trying to cheer myself here. Practice makes perfect right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment