Sunday, March 14, 2010

Alice’s wonderland

This week I had a chance to watch Alice in Wonderland in 3D. This is my second time watching 3D on the theatre. The first one was ‘Up’ who recently won an Oscar for ‘best animated film’.

I was persistent to watch ‘Alice’ in 3D because I know that most of the scenes were created with the green screen technology. My guess is right; you have to watch it in 3D to get in into the imaginary vision of Tim Burton, while the storyline was just okay. I think that if you watch don’t watch it in 3D, the story will be a bit boring to you. Kids would love this kind of movie (you know,kids and their imagination), but adults, I think most of them watch it because of the Johnny Depp factor (that includes me hehe).
Alice in popcorn-land.

The other actors on the movie were great too. I love the ‘Red Queen’ character the most. She is so cruelly funny. I think Helena Bonham Carter is a great actor too (remember performance her on Harry Potter, Sweeney Todds and Corpse Bride?). I like Red Queen more than Mad Hatter (played by Johnny Depp) because I couldn’t understand what Mad Hatter were saying, or mumbling. (3D no subtitle remember?) While Anne Hathaway as the White Queen is oddly graceful.
- Intermezzo: I just googled and found out that Helena Bonham Carter is Tim Burton’s fiancée and Johnny Depp is the godfather of their kid. Omg. Three awesome people making a coalition. They can make a party I’ll definitely vote for them.

Just like the message in the movie: when we were kids we are more imaginative and believe in dreams. But when we grow old, we are faced with the reality and choose not to believe those dreams anymore. I think this movie is trying to tell you that you don’t have to stick to things that people think you should do. If you want to do something (as long as it positive), even though the world has turns its back against you, then you should do it! Don’t be afraid to have dreams, and for those of you who still haven’t figured out what you want to do, just remember what Alice said: ‘Don’t worry, I’ll figure something out’.

No comments:

Post a Comment