Monday, October 21, 2013

Yummy for Tummy: An Introduction

I never consider myself as a foodie, a food critic or whatsoever, but I do like to post cute pictures of food on Instagram. Some people are criticizing the "take pictures and upload it on social media before eating" habit, for me, I kinda find it annoying too - even tough I'm doing it myself. I just couldn't resist sometimes. So please forgive me, I know I'm annoying, but it only take less than two minutes for me to do it. I wouldn't let your meal to get cold so that I can get some 'likes' on Instagram anyway :p

As for restaurant nowadays, I think that most of the newly opened restaurants are selling a nice view, location, and decorations instead of the food it-self. In my personal opinion, the reason I go to a new restaurant was one, everyone goes there and I don't want to feel left behind (latah dong eke). Second, the place is so cute, I can share it on social media and everyone must have thought that I had a great weekend. Shallow me, I admit it. haha. Last but not least, I have so materials to write for you guys! Isn't it great? You finally get a valuable lesson reading this blog (take that, Wikipedia!)

On the other side, I have to tell you, eating out in those kind of cute restaurants aren't cheap. Well, it's actually also depend on what you ordered, but I personally think that eating out in a cute/ happening/ popular place in Jakarta also costs a lot of money. Maybe it has something to do with the economy and the rising of the middle class people in Indonesia? (here you go, I made up my own theory). I think that eating out in Indonesia right now is the same with Singapore- when 1SGD = IDR 7,500 (me, reminiscing the old days when I still earned SGD haha). So... yup.. I might started some posts about food or restaurant. I can't promise that it would be an accurate and objective review. Well, maybe it's better that I told you that it's not objective at all, so you won't complaint later :D

It's just me sharing my thoughts about what I eat. So come take a bite with me if you want to!

Cheers,

Abeth

No comments:

Post a Comment