Saturday, October 26, 2013

Beijing or Jakarta: 爱你没差- Love you, no matter what (PART 2)

This is the second part regarding Jay Chou's concert. The first one can be seen in here. So as I mentioned earlier on the first part of this post. I'm going to write about my experience watching Jay Chou's concert. This is his second concert I've been to in my life, and it's happening with only twenty weeks time difference. How could that possible? Only God knows why.

I was really sure, with my limited thought and faith (haha) that Jay Chou will never had a concert in Jakarta. That's why I was willing to watch the concert alone in Beijing (which I never regret). So when my sister said that Jay Chou was going to held a concert in Jakarta. I was like in my own thought: "no sh*t r u kiddin' me!"  - kids please don't curse like this in front of your parents-. What I thought was impossible, turns out to be possible. You just gotta have a little faith and then viola! God will let Jay Chou performing in the city where you lives. Amen! I think my sister did pray a lot for Jay to come to Jakarta :p

I was just coming back from Beijing this early July and then my sister told me about the news. She was super excited to buy the pre-sale ticket from Jay Chou's fans club, while me.. I have to admit that I wasn't as excited as the first time I want to watch his concert. Maybe if I can describe what's inside my head it, it would be "okay. Jay Chou's coming to Jakarta.", while my sister was like: " O MY GOD JAY CHOU'S COMING TO JAKARTA!!! WHERE CAN I GET THE TICKET? WHERE WHERE? WHEN? HOW TO? O MY GOD PLEASE LET THIS NEWS BE TRUE AND NOT ONLY HOAX!" Yep, probably something (less) like that. I understand that feeling, it was me a while back ago when I wanted to buy the Beijing concert's ticket. This is a feeling that can only be experienced by a true fan (hahaha claiming my self a true fan huh?). I let my sister decide and handled all the ticketing process but I told her that I want have a center seat. We decided to buy the Gold Center ticket. The ticket price is starting from IDR750,000 to IDR3,000,000. It is not a cheap price. We all know that. Again, as I mentioned somewhere in my earlier post, love needs sacrifice. For me, buying Jay Chou's concert ticket costs a lot of money.

To cut the story short, finally it's October 12th 2013 already. The venue was at Ancol, Mata Elang International Stadium. Though the ticket says the show starts at 7p.m., but my friend, as a true Indonesian we all know being fashionably late is a common thing in our daily lives, so 7.45 p.m. was the time the show started. I had to admit that even though I said that I wasn't that excited anymore to watch the concert, once the show was about to start, my heart was racing. Suddenly I felt like I am a teenager again (well I am still one *age denial*). When Jay finally showed up on the stage, some people went crazy (me! me!), while some people were just chilling and stay cool on their seats. Myself, I stood up in front of my seat. I got excited watching my idol performing in front of me with a super awesome effects (the venue and effects are waaaay better than the Beijing one). And there it is... just when I stood up in front of my seat, a lot of people behind me (I'm not saying one, it's more than five aunties) asked me to sit down because they said I was blocking their view. They probably didn't now that there are two giant screens in front of them. So I was like, okay, maybe I get too excited, I calmed down a little bit. I sat down, tried to enjoy the show and pleased those aunties behind me.
How come you get so calm when Jay Chou is singing in front of you?

Then the show continued, I had an idea in my mind that the concert's song list would be the same with the Beijing concert but I was wrong! On Jakarta concert, Jay sang a lot of different songs with the one in Beijing. Yippie! I was so happy since I the songs were more familiar to my ears too hohoho. The "Rooftop" skit was not being performed during the show, instead he performed a lot of his older songs. Then as of course I got more and more excited during the show, I stood up in front of my seat and started to sing along during the show. Then suddenly I felt a pat on my back, another auntie told me to sit down again. This time, I told her to suck it up! *sigh* I wish I had that courage. Instead, I gave her my best smile and told her to stand up and enjoy it like I did. Ever since I don't care anymore, I stand up whenever I want to. Come on aunties, this isn't a cinema -_-'

Overall I enjoyed Jay's concert in Jakarta, though I think that his voice wasn't at his best, maybe he ate too many gorengan the other night after rehearsal- just kidding everyone, don't take it seriously. He tried his best to engage the audience during the show, interact with the audience, but sadly (this is the part where I complain *again*)  most of the audience didn't connect with him back. I said before that I'm not Jay's #1 fan,  but between Gold center audience, I think I'm his #1 fans comparing myself with others who just sat down and looked like they only know less than ten Jay Chou's song out of 30 songs he performed that night. Most of the audience didn't even stand up even on the last song :( You paid some great amount of money, to be entertained, but you don't seem to enjoyed it. Why aunties and uncles? why?
My salute goes to the audience from the left and right wing side, they are the real Jay fans, their energy was positive during the whole show.

Anyway, despite the complaints I wrote above, overall my sister and I were happy yippie!!! Thank you so much for coming and making your fans' dreams of watching you live came true. We couldn't be any happier seeing you performing live on stage. We are proud to have a hardworking (and hard abs) idol like you, Mr. Jay :) We are certain that this won't be the last time seeing you performing live. We have our faith!

简简单单爱

The Happy Girl,

Abeth

No comments:

Post a Comment