Thursday, October 17, 2013

Beijing or Jakarta: 爱你没差- Love you, no matter what (PART 1)

The post title is based on a Jay Chou's song "爱你没差" ai ni mei cha which means "Love you, no matter what" in English. It's a song on Jay's latest album "Opus" and it is a conclusion of what I had in my mind and my heart (hahaha) regarding Jay Chou- especially his Opus World Tour 2013 concerts (yes, concerts with 's', plural).

First of all, I would like to declare that I like Jay Chou. As I may have mentioned about him in some post way back since the first time I started to blog, but I never consider myself as his #1 fan. I am far faraway from that. To be honest, I like him more when I first started to learn Mandarin (around 10 years ago) and listening to his music/ song lyrics helps me to improve my Mandarin (believe it or not). Around ten until three years ago, my sister -she's the one who usually buy stuff, I only use them for free-  still buy the original cassettes (please don't tell me you don't know what this stuff is) and the original CD's, also some of Jay's VCD concert. Then things changed, our priorities change, I'm not really up to date with Jay's latest works, about his movie career especially, but in music wise, I still know that he's having a new album coming up, and so on.

Part One: BEIJING

Then something magical (HAHA) happened during my stay around March 2013 in Beijing. I received an SMS about Jay Chou's concert in Beijing, and somehow my heart skipped a beat, one because I know it's about Jay Chou's concert in Beijing and second because I'm not really sure on the details about SMS because of my limited Mandarin skill (boo hoo!). There's only one thing I know for sure: I WANT TO GO TO THE CONCERT!!!! Hahaha.. excuse my excessive use of caps lock there, but if it was a movie, you can say that my heart was full with explosion and fireworks back then. I couldn't even had a good night sleep for few days because I haven't bought the concert ticket yet. When finally I had the ticket in my hand, it was a joyful moment and my sister can only jealously imagining that she'd able to watch to concert with me. I really believe back then that Jay will never be able to had a concert in Jakarta, that's why I didn't mind when I have to watch this concert alone, it's a price I am willing to pay (and the ticket price too). I bought the RMB 780 ticket price on the left wing stage, and I have to say that it is not a cheap price ticket (the cheapest was, but as we already know.. love needs sacrifice.

On Sunday, May 26th 2013, the long waited day finally arrived. One day before the show, I watched the Shanghai Opus World Tour uploaded on youku.com (China's Youtube) from fancam so I had a little bit of image on my mind on how's the concert gonna be like - since I believe that I need to catch up with a lot of Jay's newer song. I took 地铁/ subway to reach the stadium, and just when I exited the subway, it pedestrians were full with people who sold Jay-related accessories and souvenirs for the concerts dominated with pink color. My heart beats even faster when I reached the gate of 首都体育馆, but surprisingly, there are no signage or a poster to indicate that there will be a Jay Chou's concert in it. If I hadn't seen the merchants who sold the accessories earlier, I might have think that I've gotten into the wrong place.
Then when I finally enter the stadium, there was not many seats filled yet since it was one and half hour before the show. It was really hot when the show haven't started yet, but luckily later on the AC was working properly as soon as the crowd started to show up one by one. The person sitting next to me was also coming early and he was watching by himself too, so I didn't feel that lonely waiting for one and half hour. He even asked me to keep watch of his belongings while he went to the restroom. This boy definitely didn't remember his mama's advice to not to talk to any strangers, let alone to let a stranger to keeping eye on your belongings *tsk tsk*. How lucky he is to meet an honest Jay fans like me.

Anyway, after one and half hour waiting, the seats inside the stadium were slowly occupied. Fans were starting to light the pink light stick given at each of our seats. The lights were being dimmed off so you can see the sea of pink light stick and you can already feel the excitement and anticipation of the crowd. Then the long waited moment happened, precisely at 07.30 p.m. the white curtains that covers the stage finally dropped down. That moment, everyone went crazy (HAHA), the screams are everywhere and I had no hesitation to join the fun. And there he was, Jay Chou, at the stage, singing live in front of me (and thousands other people) with his six pack -this is very important detail. Luckyly that day, I borrowed my teacher's binocular (my LaoShi likes to watch Beijing Opera with it) and it is very very useful to be able to see Jay Chou (his six pack - now I sounded like a perverted lady hahaha)  clearly. I have to admit that my seat isn't the best seat to see the whole stage so I depended a lot on the screen and binocular.

View from my seat on the opening song. Didn't bring along a proper camera that time, only Blackberry

Although I've watched the concert on the internet a night before, the excitement and the feelings were totally different, especially when you were standing with a crowd who shared the same (and even more) excitement than what you had. The fans were continuously singing, cheering and screaming during the show. I have no idea on how can they have that much energy to do that for two consecutive hours, but it was a very fun night, everyone had fun, everyone responded positively to the concert and what Jay asked us to do. In short it was a fantastic moment for me personally, not only because I get to see my idol, but also because I was able to shared the excitement and I didn't feel like I was alone watching the concert, those other thousand strangers were my best friends for the night. My favorite song for the night gotta be: 哪里都是你- it stuck in my head for weeks after the concert。
The best video I had on my blackberry (please excuse the shaky hands haha)

In short, I'm a happy girl that night, probably the happiest girl for the weekend at my school because they said I looked super happy on Monday after watching Jay Chou's concert. Hahaha. Some might say that it's a bit exaggerated, but I did feel awesome for the whole week :p
I even thought that watching Jay Chou's concert was the highlight of my life in Beijing, going to the Great Wall or eating Beijing Roast Duck can't be compared to the feelings I had back then. *smiling ear to ear*

*this post will continue on Part 2: JAKARTA :)

No comments:

Post a Comment