Monday, October 21, 2013

Boba Life: Fat Straw

If you looked into my wallet now, you'd find loyalty cards of many bubble drinks stall instead of a credit card under my name. Maybe you have one of those loyalty cards too.

Bubble tea or bubble drinks isn't a new thing around us. I remember being a teenager (more than a decade ago) and that time, Taiwanese bubble tea was a hit. I think that time the price was around IDR 10,000 or something. Now, just like fashion, the bubble tea makes a comeback to our daily life- with the price doubled. They visit us just like an old friend, bringing back the good old memories back then. (halah ketauan tuanya dah)

Okay so this one place I visit, is very easy to find. If you live in Kelapa Gading or come to this area often, you wouldn't find any difficulties to reach this place. You just follow the Kelapa Nias Raya road, after Mahaka Square/ Sportsmall on your left, you'll see a cute Bee sign hanging. If the sign says: "Fat Straw", that's the place I'm talking about.


They said their specialty drink is Ice Milk Drink, comes in a big size cup. So me and my sister ordered the Caramel Pudding + Honey Boba one, then a Black Magic Milk Tea, and an original toast.

Tadaaaa...

This is the hard part. The part where I have to say my verdict. I have to say that the there's nothing special about the taste, I mean, it's bubble tea, what else do you expect. It's not a fireworks in your mouth. On the other hand, it's a great alternative place to hangout for you and your friends/ family ( I assume that this place is more suitable for teens and young families). I wish when I was younger I had a cute place like this to hangout (it's an affordable price for Kelapa Gading's teenagers, I think). There are indoor and outdoor seated areas. Probably the night time would be a better place to hangout because when I came in the afternoon if you're sitting next to the glass window, mamamia! an ice cube would melt easily there. 

So everyone, please don't get satisfied easily with what I write in here. You should come with your loved ones there, try the boba, take a cute pictures and tell me what you think about it too :)


Let's raise our boba cups and say CHEERS!

Abeth

No comments:

Post a Comment