Wednesday, August 26, 2009

another cuap-cuap

I love to write. But I still don’t have a lot of confidence to write in English (although I think that my written English is much better than my spoken English). I think writing in English will limit the word choice I can use to express myself. Well personally, I think my English skill is not bad, but still not that good. I learned English since I was on the 3rd or 4th grade as I can remember. My mother took me to an English course, at that time; I had a private class to teach me about the entire thing I’ve missed to enter a level of a class at Elokuensi. I still remember the teacher’s name is Miss Sheila. She was young and pretty. After she thinks I was able to enter a level at Elokuensi, I joined the class. I still remember we were taught to remember the new vocabularies using a card with the names of the stuff below the picture. I just love learning English, I think it is fun. Surprisingly, among all of the students in that class, I ranked #1 on the test result. The new girl is the dark horse huh? Hahaha. Maybe those nice memories about my first English teacher and my first English class make me feel quite confident about my English skill up until now


During elementary school, I was first taught English on the 5th grade. My teacher’s name is Miss Diana. She was the only English teacher on my school. And of course (haha) I always get a good score on my tests. I actually had a feeling that I’m one of my English teacher’s favorite students. Hahaha cocky me. On junior high school I had an English class for 3 months at EEC, but I think it’s useless. I think we paid certain amount of many to listen to the native teacher talking and do silly things while we watched him in silence hahaha. So I stop taking English course and start learning mandarin. But still, I have good grades on my English test, although I know there are more people who got higher score than mine. (I was trying to protect my pride here haha) During high school, English test results were the only thing I can proud have compare with my other grades when I was majoring in science class (it’s almost a miracle if I had higher score than 60 on my physics, math and chemistry subject). On college years, I had three A’s on my English communication subject. hahaha not actually 3 straight A’s, one is an A minus. But it’s still an A right? Once we had an assignment to write a movie review and I got 85. I know you must be thinking that 85 is an ordinary number, but I still keep the paper because my lecturer, miss maria, wrote “it is a nice review but it lacks of title”. It seems like I was amused by the first part of the sentence and didn’t really notice the criticism on the last part of the note hahahaha.


Right now on work, I haven’t got a chance to use my English skill because my work doesn’t require anything to do with English. So I’m hoping one day I can have a job which using my English skill and improve myself as a better English speaker. Because if right know you have an English conversation with me, I am so sure that those English words can’t get out of my mouth easily. Mostly I would say… “umm…. ehm…. or errrr…..”

No comments:

Post a Comment