Tuesday, March 6, 2012

young, frustrated and getting rich!

Have you heard a song called “Someone Like You” sung by a British singer named Adele? Please don’t tell me you haven’t heard it, I’ll sing it for you if you said no (so it’s wiser if you say you heard it before). Even my mom knows her, and the fact that my mom knows that she just won six Grammys kinda gives me a little shocker.

So I assume that everyone knows her, or at least heard once of that song. The story about how she ended of the relationship with her ex-boyfriend. You heard it, so you know it. Even though you may never experienced what Adele had, but by listening to she song, you can feel her pain and sadness through it.

I think it’s amazing on how someone can share her/his feeling to millions of people by a song and somehow making us a little frustrated too. Sometimes I wish I could channel frustration like her. I would end up being a millionaire and a Grammy winner.

Another thing I would like to point out is on how young she were when she’s recording the album, just like the title, 21. She was born on 5 May 1988 and she’s making me feel very old and unproductive right now. I used to think that I’m still young then I watch TV and internet and know that most of the popular artists right now are younger than me. Thanks for the reminder guys. Hahaha.

Okay, enough said about me. I would like to close this rambling note by showing a video by Christina Perri called “Jar of Hearts”. She may not as phenomenal as Adele, but I think she also has a similar quality in channeling her thought and feeling into this song. But please do not listen to this kind of sad songs too often. It’s not that healthy I think :p

Talk to you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment