Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Game of Life

Last Sunday I watched “The Hunger Games” on theatre. Yay! This is the first time this year I watch movie on the theatre ahahhaa pity me. Okay, since there are so many media exposure on this movie, I’m so excited to finally get to see this movie. It was a good one I think. But I personally believe that the book is way much better than the movie (that’s why I’m about to read the book then hehe).

In short, the movie is about a girl who tried to survive on an annual game between 23 others contestants. Only one winner will be announced and return alive to their district. The rest you can google yourself or better, watch the movie! Hahaha. Since so many people are already talking about this movie, giving review and their critics, I’m not gonna write about that anymore. What I’m about to write is how this movie can relate to our daily lives. No, not in a blood bath war kind of ways.

In this movie, the main character, Katniss, the 16 years old girl had to enter the game in order to replace her sister. In life, no matter what our reasons are, sometimes we are forced to face the inevitable situation- the bad one. At first, our reaction may not be good, we try to calm ourselves, and some might be hysterical. But believe me, we are a fully equipped created by God. He has plans for each one of you. We are created with enough skills and abilities to face our problems. Then on our way trying to survive and face the battle, we will find some difficulties, but still somehow there will a hand that we cannot understand, giving us the help we need. Some people might call it a miracle, I think it’s just God reminding us that there’s nothing that we cannot overcome as long as He’s with us.

But there’s something on my ‘humanly thought’ that I would like to share in here. This motto I get after reading a book by Chaos@work about his “amazing” boss: “Trust no one, suspect everyone”. It might sound a little (or a lot) suspicious to anyone, but really, I think this world can give you a hard time sometimes. Other people can take advantage of you, especially when you’re weak. Someone might sound and look nice in front of you, but say different things on your back. You need to be smart enough on what or not to share with others. The simple logic is “don’t rely on people, they might disappoint you. Rely on God, He won’t disappoint you”

So there you go, the two tips for you to survive on any game of life: believe that we are fully equipped with the skills and rely on the Him, the greater power than us. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment