Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Home

Yea yeah.. Currently I'm being a fan of Christina Perri. I haven't heard the whole song of her album, but some of her singles really catch my attention. Her song "Arms" keeps playing over and over again in my head. You should listen to the lyrics below:



I googled and I somewhat find that the song is about :

Perri described the song in depth, stating "'Arms' is about the fight between your heart and your mind. Your heart wants to be loved but your head is always telling you reasons not to be with him or her, or how you are not worth the love. It's about the struggle and finally giving in when you're wrapped in their arms. Then you get it. Then you feel loved and love wins. - Wikipedia (hahaha)


She might be writing the song in the context of boy and girl relationship. But for me, the part on the lyrics when she sings : "You put me in your arms and I am home" giving me a sense of warmth that this song can be used for a broader context. "Home" is the main idea in here (for me), not "arms". It's the longing feeling of being home no matter what is you're situation right now. There will always be a place or a person that you can call "home"

Just like today, when I saw riding on a crowded bus. I saw a teenage daughter (around 14 y.o.) accidentally met her dad who just got back from work. The daughter said "hey dad" to her father and sat next to an empty seat beside him. I can see the father was tired, but I couldn't help to noticed a little twinkle on his face when he accidentally met his daughter. Feels like he found home on his way back already. Somehow I on my head the song "Arms" started to play as a back sound. Unpredictably sweet moment. Can't wait for my turn to back to my own home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment