Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Day 10-15: Auckland and surrounding

We finally leaving Southern Island. I think that the seven days travel in Southern Island has made me tired haha. I wasn't that excited anymore to see the city. Though I haven't been to many big cities in this world, but somehow I had a feeling that most of the city in this world have similarities. It's just depend on us whether we want to adapt living on it or not. On this few days, I've seen how very laid back people are in Auckland. I heard that some of western cities are also like this, 5 p.m. the office over, then most of the shops are closed by 7. It's really different from Jakarta or some big Asian cities where shops closed at 9-10 p.m.

Here are some pictures of the places we went

Auckland War Memorial Museum

Mission Bay - Fave place on summer

Muriwai Beach - who goes to the beach on winter anyway?
Up: King Albert Park. Below: Britomart Transport Centre


One Tree Hill and Mt. Eden. You can see Auckland skyline from there

Soljans Winery and Cafe

And finally, after this long fifteen days of journey wandering in this wonderful island, we went home on the 16th day. Now when I think about it again, it was a really long holiday in a stranger's land. hahaha. I had a great time but honestly I just couldn't wait to get back home cause ain't no place like home :)

E noho ra NZ. Thanks for the mind opening journey for the past fifteen days!

No comments:

Post a Comment